Our awning fabrics are made from 100% solution-dyed acrylic fiber. Solution-dying is the key process that locks in the color, and is perfect for outdoor use. It makes the fabric easy to clean and maintains its brilliant colors for years to come.
- Awning frames must provide constant tension that stretches the awning fabric. This tension will prevent formation of water pockets on the awning.
- Our awnings resist whipping wind gusts up to 50 miles/hour. In case of strong winds, lateral arm and other retractable awning systems should be retracted. Make sure they are fully retracted. Retracting them half way will make them even more vulnerable than when they are fully extended.
- If an awning is retracted while wet, open it as soon as weather permits and allow the fabric to dry. Our fabric is mildew, mold and rot proof, but the dirt on the fabric can lead to mildew growth if the awning is retracted wet and without cleaning for an extended time.
- Our fabrics have a special fluorocarbon finish which delays the accumulation of dirt, and enhances water repellency. Avoid using caustic cleaners which will remove finish.
Our awning fabrics are very easy to clean. In most cases, all you need to do is to hose it down and allow it to air dry.
When using water, however, do not use water that is warmer than 100°F, and never apply heat to the fabrics to dry it.
For more thorough cleaning (once every two to three years), follow these steps:
- Thoroughly remove the dust from the dry awning fabric by vacuum, gently beating, or brushing.
- Hose down.
- Prepare a cleaning mixture of water and mild, natural soap. (Do not use detergents). The water should be cold to lukewarm, never to exceed 100°F.
- Use a soft bristle brush to clean.
- Allow soap to soak in.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Air Dry. Never apply heat to awning fabrics, such as in the dryer, to dry them.
For stubborn stains, follow these steps:
- Mix a gentle solution of no more than 1/2 cup of bleach and 1/4 cup of natural soap per gallon of water.
- Clean the fabrics with soft bristle brush.
- Allow mixture to soak for up to 20 minutes.(Never soak the fabrics for more than 20 minutes.)
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Air dry.
- After excessive stubborn stains cleaning, the fabrics might need a retreatment of fluorocarbon finish to maintain its outstanding water repellency. Please contact us for more information if it is needed.