Our Rolling Shutter materials are imported from Germany. They are made of aluminum and are double-coated with a particularly abraison-resistant finish. This special thicker finish not only makes our Rolling Shutters highly abrasion resistant, but also provides great protection against corrosion, and the colors are highly resistant to UV-degradation.
Because of the high quality material and craftsmanship, our Rolling Shutters do not require any special maintenance care. In fact, this might just be the easiest maintained window treatment/shading device that you will ever have!
Follow these simple steps when cleaning your Rolling Shutters.
Cleaning the shutters is very easy. Since they are made specifically for exterior use, they are impervious to outdoor elements. Most of the time, all you need to do is to hose it down.
Follow these steps to clean the shutters:
1. Roll down the shutter(or up if the housing box is at the bottom of your window) to expose the slats.
2. Hose it down.
3. Use a soft clean cotton cloth and top-to-down motion to wipe away excess water.
4. Allow the shutter to dry before rolling them back into the housing box.
When cleaning the side of the shutter that is facing the window from outside of your house, follow these steps:
1. Roll up the shutter(or down if the housing box is at the bottom of your window) to move the slats into the box.
2. Remove the front cover to expose the slats.
3. Hose down the slats that are on the roll as another person operates the shutter to roll it out of the housing. (see picture)
4. Use a soft clean cotton cloth and top-to-down motion to wipe away excess water.
5. Allow the shutter to dry before rolling them back into the housing box.